11.6.03

Highly motivated and I can't escape

So, one of the skinheads has returned from bootcamp, he didn't finish and recieved a medical discharge. Well, the day after he returns, what does he do? Go to a nice restaurant and get a good meal? No. Go spend time with his family that he hasn't seen in 100 days or so? No. Rest up after the long and sometimes grueling excersize that he participated in? No. He and the other skinheads move a bar, yes bar into the house. I returned home last night to this very odd white monstrosity with a black top in our living room. I walk to the back of it and realize there is now a bar in the living room. Hmmmmmmm. It's one thing to have keggers, the kegs go away, it's one thing to have a large selection of liquer available, that's just giving people choices, it's quite another thing to have a bar, a physical bar, in the house and in the living room to boot. I am now highly motivated to move out of the group house.

Moving on. Last night I was walking around Dupont Circle and I see not one, but two people who I went to Catholic with. If you went to Catholic, you can't escape it, ever. Heck, once I was in a bar in NYC and I saw a kid from Catholic there. There aren' that many of them, but for some reason, kids from Catholic are everywhere. Can't figure out why it isn't like that with Maryland, I mean there are like literally 25,000 more Maryland students then there are Catholic students in a given year. And yet it's the Catholic kids that are everywhere. Watch out, you might see one soon.

Gaydar

This is worth a second post in the day. I guess you don't have to have a finely tuned gaydar in your head anymore, there is a keychain version. I have to ask around to see if this actually is still on the market. Till then an excerpt for your reading pleasure:

"Gaydar is a pocket-size key chain that sends out a radio signal, activating similar devices within 40 feet. When the gadget gets a compatible signal, it begins to beep or flash, depending on how it's set. It can be set to transmit to men or women....'I would insist on the vibrating function....'"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home