10.6.03

Section 8

So, from Kevin, who lives in what Jason calls Section 8 housing, I got the number to a place that leases capped income housing. I've seen a couple of flyers for buildings like this before and depending on the place, it can be really nice. It's really not Section 8 in that the government does not pay for any part of the rent, the leasing company got tax breaks to make the housing afforable for people of certain incomes. Kevin says that his place is not too bad and he's never had a problem. There this one building in SE goes for $700 a month for an effiency and that includes parking and has an income cap. That's still pretty steep considering you can get something like that in Adams Morgan/Columbia Heights and not have an income cap. So, I called the place, they have one two-bedroom apartment available now, but a waitlist of about 100, hmmmm, don't think that I will get that place. They will open a brand-spanking new building in........November. Yea, I wanted to move out by August. So, I'll get the application and fill it out and hopefully I'll have something before then. As Jason says, "Section 8 is great!"
I also went to see a place in Takoma Park, yea no. Why I would spend an extra $30 a month to park my car in that neighborhood, I don't know. It was no where near the Metro, shopping, or really anything and still you had to pay?!? Forget that. This week-end just maybe drive around and get applications week-end. Woo!

If you haven't made it out to Georgetown, do it now, it's supposed to be rainy the rest of the week. I was there last night and went to the movie theatre for the upteeth time. Love that place. I suggest going there then walking along the waterfront, it's fabulous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home