9.6.03

Old home week-end and NYC

When you've lived in 10,012 places like I have, you have many roommates and neighbors to show for it. This week-end was the week-end for seeing many of them. My college roommate Alanna came down from NYC and almost everyone we like from our days at Catholic came out with us. We went to the very chic, uber japanese Dragonfly, in Dupont, to the very down home and cozy Tryst, in Adams Morgan. Either one is fabulous, even better to do both in a night. I also realized that night how much I can't wait for warm weater to fully enjoy all that DC has to offer in the summertime. If you haven't spent a summer in DC and gone out to do something at least 5 times a week, then you're never really summered in DC.

The next day Fuat and I were off for NYC and seeing my old neighbor Jenn! Fuat went to the fiasco that was Field Day and I wandered around the city for a few hours. Fuat had a great time and didn't even have to pay the $80 ticket and was finally able to see Radiohead in concert. I was able to pick up some things. The next day we wandered around the city together doing some shopping and pointing out all the obey giant and others stickers and spray paintings we saw. It was a great time.
On our way home there was a little back up on the Turnpike. I look over and see everyone trying to get around this Bronco with what looks like a pool attached to the roof. That was odd, then I look in front of the Bronco, there was a full size float going about 40-50 on the Turnpike. Hmmmmm, got to love the Puerto Rican Day Parade. I wonder how much the toll is for a float.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home