2.9.03

Very sad

Today the Post published an article about the increasing number of battlefield casualities that the coalition forces expereiencing in Iraq. It amazes me about the lack of outrage that the american public is exhibiting. It's almost as if we are apathetic to the continuing attacks after Bush (damn republican) declared the war 'over.' On August 27th more american soldiers had died after battle operations ceased than before. Really sad. Thankfully the British forces haven't taken such casualties. Learn a little about those who have died.

On a much lighter note, I came home on Thursday to find my power restored, yay! On Friday Fuat and I were on our way to the Outer Banks. We stayed in Avon, a lovely little town on Hatteras Island. The house we stayed in was beachside and less than a five minute walk to the water. Fabulous. The house was amazing, less than ten years old, had an elevator, fully stocked kitchen, hot tub, grill and decks with views of the ocean. While we were there we went: to the beach; crabbing; to have a bonfire on the beach; to Cape Hatteras National Seashore and Lighthouse and the Bodie Island Lighthouse; mini-golfing complete with a train ride and a water aided hole. I was able to see many friends this week-end, scuba people at the house, Season and Calvin in Virginia Beach and MH at a random rest stop along 95, thank god for cell phones, it was really good to see him before he left for Japan. While we had a very full week-end and was sure to includes some very east-coast activities such as a crab feast complete with Old Bay, it was actually relaxing. There wasn't any schedule and when we saw something that we wanted to do, we did it. It was fabulous. An hour and a half after I returned, Jennifer came over to my house for the day and to spend the night. She is my love and I love her and am in heaven that she is once again in DC.
I realized after I got back that it was a very odd couples week-end. Half of the people in the beach house were either married or engaged to other people in the beach house, actually only one person didn't have his significant other in the house, then we visited Season and Calvin who are engaged. I think I'm getting old. Scary. Or at least people in my circle here in Maryland don't marry before they can drink. That makes it sound better, I'll ignore the perfect couples I know back home.

Wow, my IQ makes me gifted, now that some website has told me that I'm sure to be proud. I also found out that my Intellectual Type is a Precision Processor. "This means you're exceptionally good at discovering quick solutions to problems, especially ones that involve math or logic. You're also resourceful and able to think on your feet."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home