8.8.03

Go

I found out today that the Statue of Libery is closed. You can't walk up the three stories to look at the view from her crown. That definately goes on the list of things I wish I had done before 9/11, god knows I had gone to NYC enough. Actually, I came close once, my friend Alanna and I braved going all the way down to Battery Park on a very rainy and dreary day. We got there only to find out that the last ferry had left 15 mintues before. Oh well, at least I could look at it, and I guess that's all you can do now.

Thankfully the Washington Monument isn't closed yet. So, if you haven't had a chance, you should go up it now, especially with a republican in the oval office, who knows when they're going to decide that Amercians visiting national historical sites is not imporant enough to adequately secure the site against any threats. Yadda, yadda, sacraficing something now so future generations can enjoy it, whatever. If someone wanted to take a rpg or any other light armaments to the monument, they wouldn't have to be inside it to do that. Moving on....You don't even have to wake up early in the morning to wait in line for timed tickets. You can order your tickets in advance and pay a $2 fee. What's $2 to get an unparrelled veiw of Washington? I mean, it's the tallest thing around, DC building codes see to that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home