7.8.03

Metrosexuals and other things

Well, I heard the term again last night, metrosexual. If you don't know, is supposed to be a man who is very conscience of his appearance. He wears designer clothes, he uses hair and beauty products and he gets spa treatments and might even get some plastic surgery, but he's a MAN. Hmmm, I don't know what to think of this. In a way, it's not so masculine. Someone on TV was saying this is a great thing becuase a girl can now talk to her boyfriend about hair products and which salon to go to. I don't think I'll be doing that anytime soon. Yes, I have taken my boyfriend to the same salon that I go to, and got him gel or mousse or something, but we don't sit down and have conversations about it. I was like, hey, I have a hair appointment, you need a haircut, why don't you come too? He was like, yeah, why not, how much does it cost? And that was it. No talk about how good the stylist was and whether or not he could get a manicure will getting a haircut. I knew someone once, very concerned about his appearance and it was ok, because he wouldn't pluck the hairs between his eye-brows (no, he did not have a full out uni-brow and he was blonde, so that helped too), said it was too feminine to do that. He had a line, there's caring about your appearance, then there's being metrosexual and weird. Well, at least its not cacthing on in Washington, DC. Or it hasn't yet and I really hope that it doesn't.

In other news, it's a small world I live in. My co-worker Kevin, dated Jeanne Haddaway all through college and grad school, yes that would be six years. Jeanne did MSL the same time that I did. Jeanne has now been appointed a delegate to the State House. Good for her. Now I have yet another example someone who did "fake" events, ie Model UN, parli debate, MSL, and went onto the real thing. It's not just African countries who send former Model UNers to the UN. Gov. Erlich (damn republican, give more money to the schools) has taken someone who did fake state legislature and put her in the real state legislature.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home