28.8.03

The blackout continues

Yes, power has not returned to my house for the second night in a row. My roommates and I sat around talking and playing cards. Not a bad way to pass the time, but I think we would have been happier to do the same under electric lights opposed to clandestine candlelight. I hope to dear god that the power comes on tonight, though I read that it could last till Friday. Our food is gone, but at least I can say yet again, I am not alone in my misery. Oh, an it seems that this misery has also gone across the Pond and London had their own blackout fun. The funny brits don't call it a blackout, they call it a power cut. I wonder what they call a brownout then? A power scratch?

For the holiday week-end. Enjoy!

Some information about the ancient city of Myra, did you know St. Nick was the bishop? The inhabitants of Myra were called Myrians. Did you also know that in latin myra means extraordinary, wonderous or marvelous? Not a bad name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home