2.7.03

Dodged that bullet

Well, last night I went down to talk to my landlord/housemate to tell him that I am moving on out. Yes, it looks like I'm gone from the skinhead house to much better digs in College Park. If all things work out, I'll have a fabulous room. Well, while we were talking, he was telling me about the people that are going to move in at the end of the summer/early fall. It seems that one of his friends will be paroled in August and has been offered a room in the house. Yes, I said this guy would be paroled in August. What did he do? White collar crime? No. Some stint for drugs because of mandatory sentencing minimums? No. He stabbed somone outside a night club. Yes, stabbed. A violent felony that depending on how badly he stabbed the guy can carry attemped homicide charges with it. Whew, thank god it looks like I'm moving out. Because even if I didn't have a place lined up, I sure would move the heck out anyway. And I'd be looking at all of you for places to crash. I'll revert to my squatter days. I could live with four guys, three of them skinheads, one crazy and missing part of his head. I could live without a kitchen and a hole in the floor where the kitchen sink should be. I could even share a bathroom with two skinheads. Even though he's paid his debt to society, I won't live with an ex-con, especially one that admitted to and convicted for a violent crime. I don't think that's unreasonable.

Hopefully I'll dodge another bullet tonight and my ultimate game will be rained out. Do I not want to play? I do. But I don't want to have to go all the way to Sligo, silly northern Silver Spring again. I hate the traffic, the sprawl and the cost of gas there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home