14.7.03

Back

Yesterday night I returned from a short week and week-end in NYC for the UNA-USA Model UN Summit and Leadership Conference, I think that conference title is needlessly long. Well, it was fabulous. Season and I presented and hopefully imparted pearls of wisdom on the participants, I met some great people in MUN and got to see some old friends, and best of all, gossip about all the old friends who were not there. In true MUN fashion, I got to watch a lot of little kiddie romances spring up and bloom all around me, that probably was the funniest part of the conference. I was able to get a little dancing in, no ballroom, but some salsa. Also, I was able to see old college friends, yay for Alanna and Chris. I'll have pictures up here.

Ok, so I'm obessed with the obey [insert name here, like giant] stickers and spray paintings and everything else. While walking around NYC I notice a proliferation of a red twig. I wonder what that's all about. I saw it all over the lower part of Manhattan. In Union Square, SoHo, NoHo, Chinatown, the thing was everywhere. I wonder what's the point of making an image, like obey giant or this red twig and putting it everywhere so people can see it, but not understand the signifigance of it. It's like in DC with 'Cool Disco Dan'. There are many many urban legends going around about 'Cool Disco Dan,' but I haven't heard one that's good enough to explain it. Why does someone take the time to spread their image if the point of it is lost? There's no context when it's on a lamppost.

I'll have to find a new title for the blog soon, I didn't want to say anything specific until everything was finalized, but I am moving at the end of the month. YAY! I found a townhouse in College Park and I get the whole first floor to myself. That makes my room as big as the living room. There is a sliding glass door out to the backyard from my room, a private bath, w/d in the house and cool girl roommates who are all in grad school. All for a very low price, better than what all of my friends are paying. It makes me happy, but now I'll have to pack and that's no fun, no fun at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home