11.9.03

Remembering

I think everyone today will sit and at least think about where they were two years ago. I did the same thing this morning that I did a year ago, and then two years ago. I was at the pool at UMD in scuba class. The difference is two years ago I was a student and the last two years I've been a TA. That and anything and everything dealing with security has changed. Now Bush would like to extend the provisions of the Patriot Act. If there is a more badly named law in the nation, I would like to see it, becuase calling that patriotic is ridiculous. We question if we've made any head-way into quelling terrorism, and we wonder if we're any safer, especially considering the price of the war in Iraq is more than double the amount we spent on Homeland Security. I guess money and budget should really be a whole post alone.

There are of course many memorials taking place today. There are some regoinal ones, some ones across the nation, and of course ones at each site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home