19.9.03

After the storm


_39359244_georgetown_bbc.jpg
Picture from the BBC


So, DC was able to survive the storm. A few million people up and down the East Coast are without power, the flooding was worse than some expected, but at least the eye didn't go over DC. It was a little odd, the rain and wind came in waves as the tropical storm passed. There are downed trees everywhere and my house has lost power, but I haven't seen any horrible damage. At least for me, this is like a normal severe weather storm. Just seems like people out here aren't as prepared for severe weather as they are in other places, I guess there isn't much severe weather, though the last couple of years would belie that.

Either way, I'm off for nothern parts, beautiful, somewhat foreign and european Montreal. You cansee me!

If you can't go to Montreal, see what the brits like to do on holiday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home