15.9.03

Inside the beltway and the storm

So, K Street premeired last night to mixed reviews. It blurs the lines between reality and fiction. It also seems like a show where politicians can go play Hollywood. It seems like it's for those who want to get what will seem like a behind the sceens look at how politics really works. It's for politico-wanna bes. Also-rans. I don't know why people will think that what goes on behind closed doors will really be shown to the American public. Politicians don't really want their constituents to know the barganing that goes on, and if you really want a sneak-peek into it, well then you'd work in politics. Really, how many people know that a lot of lobbying firms and law firms are at K and Conn? Only really people inside the beltway, and if you're inside the beltway, why would you go to some TV show to find out about it. This TV show would be about as inside as knowing about the whole Roll Call verses the Hill thing. It definately is interesting show though.

Maybe Isabel will come and shut everything down this week-end. For some reason I think no, but I have to keep on checking. All that is predicted right now is thunderstorms, I have to fly on Friday, I really hope that this is just like some bad Nor'Easter. Though, it says, "heavy squalls". I'm from Missouri, we don't have squalls, we get tornados and severe weather, what's the difference? You'll have to show me. (Oh, god, I just didn't say that....typed it, worse, it's permentent.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home