17.9.03

The calm


hurricane-noaa.jpg

Today was a beautiful day....tomorrow.....well, keep checking.

Isabel will come aground sooner than anyone thought. Today should have been an indication, it was beautiful, not a cloud in the sky in the morning and warm and sunny. The intense low pressure of Isabel sucked all the atmosphere towards its eye, causing high pressure and fabulous weather around Isabel. Becuase of the early arrival both the federal government and the Metro will be shut Thursday and will make a decision about Friday later. YAY, that means no work for me. So, the day before I leave for Montreal, I won't have to work. Woo-hoo! Many places have pre-emptively shut, or they have shut in response to the Metro and Fed shutting. Only time will tell if Isabel will be as bad as predicted and will have justified all the declarations of state of emergency. NC, VA, MD are all under states of emergency and DC declared one tonight. Hopefully, this time with all the preparations, my power will stay on. I think that the flodding will be the worst thing to come from the storm.

So, today, I left work early to enjoy what will probably be one of the last warm sunny days of summer. I went to school to take care of registration and see some friends. It was a fabulous day, sitting outside and chatting, a good dinner, just walking around with no plans. Fabulous. I might have even seen the elusive Mr. Haw.
Then I went home and napped with a turk and then went to the grocery store with my roommate. I should always remember not to go to the grocery store the day before a bad storm comes in. It was insane. There were no shopping carts, my roomate and I had to go around with our bags carrying everything. Thankfully the line was short. Well, we've stocked up as well as we can with the expectation that the power will go off. Tomorrow we will go and get liquor to enjoy the night of storms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home