16.4.03

Well, whooptie do...

So, this week-end will be Easter when all the bunnies hatched from eggs and something minor like Jesus rising from the dead happened. At first I thought I would be miserably cold in cold water on the cold hard ground, but then I found out that that didn't have to happen, and I was very happy.

The topic for this post, though I am still very irate with a certain car dealership will be resume fluffers/padders. You know who I'm talking about the onion just had a great article about kids like this. Basically it made fun of this high school junior who was working in a homeless shelter to make his resume look better and the ficticious co-workers and I hate those kids. I really hate people to do it after high school, to them I say, "WHAT'S THE FREAKING POINT!" Yea, I will admit, I had some ridiculously insane resume out of high school, but I truely enjoyed all the dorky extracurriculars that I did and I do believe in volunteering, there are alot of great organizations that could benefit from a few good people, but I hate those kids who do something for a year or less or get some hollow leadership position to make themselves feel better or to fluff their resume. If you don't beleive in something, if you are getting some leadership position becuase you think it will look good on your resume and you are clearly not qualified for the position or if you go into a job/position so you can tell others about it, don't do it. Seriously, don't do it. You're not helping anyone and you are a perfect case for the argument that altruism does not exsist. I would like to think that people everyday go out and do things for the simple end of doing it to help. People who go out to do things to make themselves feel better or put it on a resume are doing it for all the wrong reasons. If you really are in a position for yourself, or to make yourself seem cool, then don't do it. Who really is going to notice if you were a staff writer for your school newspaper or the vice-president of your chapter of sadd. NO ONE! Let's get real, the only reason that people get hollow positions is to be a stooge or put it on their resume. Guess what, only your college degree and your work experience will get you a job, not some vice-president position, no matter how large the organization was. They don't know and don't care. Get a life, get a job and stop wasting your time on pointless volunteering and leadership positions. The job is really what going to help you out of school and that's what's going to matter in the long run. You won't affect change or change people's lives in a year or less. Don't take positions from someone who really does care or is really qualified. You're not helping others or yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home