11.4.03

I HATE CAR DEALERSHIPS

So, can you guess what this post is going to be about? Hmmmmmm, yup you guess it, car dealerships. Ok, so like two to three weeks ago I take my car, Fritz, into have an oil change and the tires balanced and rotated. Pretty standard. I also ask them to take a look around my car and make sure everything is ok. Darcars Mazda Silver Spring said they would change the brake pads and machine the rotors for $200. Well, I had just dropped about $90 on the car and I sure didn't have an extra $200 around, so I said I would come back. I call around and Darcars Mazda College Park said that they would do the total work for $135. Sure, I say, I'll bring the car in tomorrow. Well, I dropped the car off this morning, told them what needed to be done, they were like, well, we'll see about that. I don't know what it is about mechanics, but they think I'm some kind of idiot about cars. Maybe it's becuase I'm a young girl, or I'm asian driving an asian car(or not so much), or whatever, but they think I don't know about car maintenance. So, I get a call back, they need to change the brake pads and machine the rotors, well gee, tell me things I don't know. And they did, the price would be $290 for both. Whoa. That's a little more than Ali quoted me, he said $135 yesterday, and Ali said, well I meant $135 to machine the rotors. I don't have time to get my car, I don't have time to drive to another place, I say go ahead and do the work. So, I call DARCARS Silver Spring and I ask how much is it to do the work and Stan says $200. I call DARCARS College Park back and they say that they can do the work for $273.60. Wow, that's a whole $16.40 off. Gee thanks, with that $16.40 I can now buy lunch. Same owners, same company, same parts, same flate rate for work and one in Silver Spring is $100 less than the one in College Park. The one in College Park is not willing to match the price of the one in Silver Spring. Lesson learned: Dealerships do not give short asian girls better service than all those patronizing mechanics that I've been to before. Also, bait and switch isn't only on a showroom floor.

I just paid $73.60 extra for the "conveinence" of leaving my car at Darcars College Park to get worked on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home