19.2.03

SNOW

So, there's been a lot of snow in DC....hmmmmmm, about two feet of it. What have you been doing for the last four days or so Myra? Well, digging myself out of my house, digging my boyfriend's car out of the road and then sliding/driving around in search of food, or things to do becuase I get really bad cabin fever. People tell me that the snow was handled better this time around than it was during Marion Barry's tenure (even though Anthony Williams was enjoying the sand and surf in Puerto Rico). Well, gee, that would be easy to figure out, a crack addict really can't do much well, but we should always remember, the bitch set him up.

Where would you eat? Choose one from the reviews:

"There are restaurants that serve professional-chef food, and others that merely provide what you could cook at home if you felt like bothering. ** ** is the latter, well suited to a generation that hasn't yet learned to grill a lamb steak or mash a potato -- much less peel a celery root. This is a place to get -- for better or worse -- some home cooking when you can't rustle that up at home."

Or

"On the other hand, a few things I dismissed early on have improved over time. An ultra-thin tart heaped with caramelized onions and chunks of chorizo is no longer too sweet, and the service has grown more confident and helpful. "May I take your coat?" "Is the wine at the right temperature?" ** makes guests feel at home -- right down to presenting the check in a Mason jar with a perforated lid, the kind you might have used as a child to capture lightning bugs....."
While ** is a work in progress, it is also a place to watch. And lounge. And nest. Count me among the crowd vying for one of the friendly restaurant's seats."

I LOVE The Washington Post. Proving me right time and time again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home