18.7.03

A grand re-opening

My freshman year of college, a friend from Model UN and I decided to take a ballroom dance class together. Yes, it's a little Asian girl-esque of me, but, I loved dancing. Also my freshman year of college I went to Glen Echo Park for the first time to dance in their weekly swing dances with live music in the Spanish Ballroom. I loved that location, the stage and live music the historic building that had seen swing back when it originated. It's got fabulous history behind it and it still goes on. This week-end Glen Echo will re-open two newly renovated building, the Spanish Ballroom and the Arcade. For the past year and a little while longer the weekly dances at Glen Echo have been held in the Bumper Car Pavillion. Not a bad place, but not the Spanish Ballroom. Although, even with all the renovations, they still haven't put in heating or coolling, so it will still be blazing hot in the summer and freezing cold in the winter. If you can make it, I would seriously suggest discovering Glen Echo Park. There is so much more to do there, it's no longer a traditional amusement park, but a center for arts and dance that also has a 1920's carosel and Arcade. Well worth the drive.

So, the Philippine government has signed a cease-fire with the MILF. Macapagal Arroyo has declared that, "Peace is at hand." Now if they could only get rid of that pesky Abu Sayyaf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home