1.11.03

So, I called up my cousin and my aunt who I literally haven't spoken to or seen in years. I think it was all the way back in high school actually. Since they live in Chicago and I spent the week-end there for work, it only seemed right that I see them. Well, Roger made reservations at a restaurant he hasn't been to, but has heard great things about. It's called Giannotti's. As my cousin put it, it just had this feeling like it was 'made'. It was soo great, the clothes, the gold chains and big hair, the accent, everything about the place screamed mobster. It was like being in Jersey, but different accents and family means a whole lot more.

I did notice something that is unique to Chicago, the Vesuvio. You can get it at Itallian restaurants and most of the time it's made with chicken. But it's either chicken, beef or veal in a brown sauce with potato wedges and peas. Very odd. I didn't try it myself, but Adam and my cousin both had it. Guess it's something completely Chicago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home